Day 1- It's Time To Get Real !
30 Days To Balance & Happiness In 2015
Hello everyone! We made it! It’s December 1st, and it’s the first day on our journey to balance and fulfillment in 2015. I’m so excited about all of the possibilities, and I’m super excited to share this journey with you. They say it takes “a village” to raise a child. Well, it takes the entire “world wide web” and a whole lot of guts to birth a dream . So, let’s get started.
In order to start planning where we’re going, we have to acknowledge where we came from. This is not about geography. This is about celebrating the successes, forgiving the mistakes, embracing and letting go of our fears, and making the decision to go forward completely open to new experiences. This is the hardest area for most people, myself included.
Guilt is a very powerful emotion, and as a caregiver you can carry a lot of it. Especially since many of us have families and work full-time, while taking care of our loved ones. In our minds there never seems to be enough time to do everything we need to do. It always seems like someone or something gets lost in the shuffle. We haven’t even included our needs into the mix. We’re typically just running on “fumes” until we “hit the wall” or take a trip down the “rabbit hole of depression”. But, that’s not how it has to be. We just have to get back to “basics” to begin living the lives we want and deserve.
By “basics”, I mean the following:
- The life we want is waiting for us. We just need to wake up As I learned from Pastor Rob Bell at Oprah’s Live The Life You Want in Miami. “Our breath is a gift of life. Our lives are a gift regardless of the trials we’ll face. The most complicated thing in the universe is between our ears”. So, know you’re uniquely wonderful with the ability & gifting to do anything you set your mind to do. Our trials don’t determine our path in life.
- Love who and what you are. We all make mistakes. We just need to make sure we forgive ourselves in order to move past them. Make the choice to not be a victim. Plus, as Iyanla Vanzant said, “ Unforgiveness gives you wrinkles”. Who wants that ?
- “Real transformation is never easy. If so we’d all be doing it” Elizabeth Gilbert so eloquently shared that “jewel “with us, it was like the “light” came on for me. It’s not easy to be your best self. There are always going to be things or people that try to distract you. It’s just a matter of deciding to not make permanent decisions in temporary situations. You need and deserve “tunnel vision” when it comes to living your best life. You only get one shot at life, so make it your best one.
These three steps are our beginning. Today, I forgive myself for the following:
- All of the things I didn’t do, or mistakes I made out of fear and frustration.
- For not honoring myself with the gift of time, patience, and meditation in all situations.
I’m thankful for everything I was able to accomplish in 2014, and I will honor those successes. But, today is about clearing my “path” for 2015. What are you clearing out of your path? Speak it and release it! Until we meet tomorrow!