Five Steps To Change Your Life Right Now
Hi everyone! How’s your week going? Has anyone else been struggling with getting back into your routine? My mind still feels like it’s on vacation . I’m getting it together. But, the struggle is so real. Oh well, this is our year to “step into the light”; so I’m hoping the sun can wake me up .
Speaking of “stepping into the light”, how’s that going for you? What have you been doing to get closer to making your dreams a reality? Remember, you weren’t born to stay in the shadows. You were meant for greatness, and the only way to get closer to your purpose is to be intentional with everything in your life.
I know it can be hard to make time for “you.” But, you can’t let that be an excuse. You’re too valuable to the world and your family to be mediocre. So, I want to share five tips that I’m following to live my best life possible.
- Invest in yourself: Do something that will enhance you as a person. I’m continuing with my love of audiobooks and podcasts to expose me to new people and ways of thinking. Step out of your comfort zone, you never know where it may take you.
- Take care of yourself physically and mentally: I’ve started a “lifestyle change” this year. I’m working out 3-4 times per week, and watching my diet by reducing carbs and sugar. I’m pre-diabetic with a genetic predisposition towards developing Type II Diabetes. So, I’ve made the decision that it’s time to take care of me. My body is a temple, and I need to value it.
- Connect with people who will pull you into the light: There are going to be people you come across that speak directly to your soul. You know those people that you feel like you’ve known for years, but you may have just met. Connect with those people immediately. Ask them to lunch, coffee, etc.; just make sure you reach out to them. There is purpose in those connections, and you don’t want to potentially miss your purpose due to shyness or procrastination.
- Take a chance: Believe in yourself, and go do something. We tend to be the biggest obstacles in our lives. Stop letting F.E.A.R. (False Evidence Appearing Real) dictate your life. Remember you’re capable of accomplishing anything you put your mind on. There is never failure in trying. There is only failure when you do nothing.
- Remember you’re the happiness you’re seeking: I say this often, and I’ll keep saying it until we all remember this without hesitation. “Your happiness is key to everything. No one in your home will be happy, unless you’re happy.” You have to do the work to find your happy. Happiness doesn’t just happen.
You have to invest time and energy into yourself, to discover what makes your heart sing. Remember, you’re worth it.You have to become a top priority in your life.
My next post is going to be on “self-care”. So, let me know what you want to learn more about in the comments. This is our journey, so we’re in this together . Until we meet again, do something for you today!