I just wanted to hop on and share a video with you. Mental Health is a topic we don't talk enough about. I hope my journey can help you or someone you know. Thank you Brittany Minor a.k.a "Clumps of Mascara for inspiring me to share. Mental Health isn't a 31 day conversation, this is a lifetime journey and we all need to support each other.
Here are the tips that I shared in the video. They've really helped me on the journey & I pray they help you too.
1) Write it down- Sharing your feelings on paper can help you when saying them is just not an option.
2) Don't be judgemental- We all struggle and we can learn from each other.
3) Change the narrative- Understand the power of your words and thoughts. Don't forget you have the power to change your life.
4) Pray constantly or find your faith- My faith in God grounds me.
5) Forgive yourself- It's not always going to be perfect. But, that's ok. Understand that these momentary setbacks or issues are temporary. They only become permanent if you let it be that way.
Finally, be good to yourself. You're so worth it! Mental Health is a daily fight and I'm here with you. Until we meet again!
I hope your weekend was great. I wanted to do a check in post to see how everyone was doing, and I thought it would be great to do a vlog. So, here you go! I'm trying to "step into the light", so no shadows or excuses are going to come from me . I hope you enjoy it, and don't forget to let me know how I can help you live your best life. Let's win together .
Part of my journey involves continuing to do things that scare me, and being the love that I want to attract in my life. So, that led me to sit down and have an amazing conversation with Jay Mayo of Right To Real Love.
I had the opportunity to connect with Jay Mayo at Blogalicious 8 in October. Check out my recap of that amazing experience here. Jay’s podcast for Right To Real Love is a Christian Based platform that is a resource for all of us on the journey to be loved the right way. The Right to Real Love community is very active, and really strives to apply practical tips that can impact every area of our life.
Our conversation was on standards, and the importance of stabling and reinforcing them to ensure you live your best life. Check out our conversation here. It’s broken down into three parts to make it work for your schedule.
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you've had an amazing holiday filled with family and friends. I just wanted to drop a quick vlog to kick off 2017. My plan for 2017 is to focus on "stepping into the light". I typically am a "behind the scenes" type of person. I always have felt comfortable just doing what I need to do, and moving on quietly. But, I'm learning that the call on my life is too big for that.
I'm learning that my journey can help someone, so I can't be afraid to share it. So, I want you to take the journey of "stepping into the light" with me. To kick things off, here are five tips to help you get started. Let me know what you think, and anything I can share that will make it easier for you. We're in this together :-).
2. You're the happiness that you seek. When you're happy, everyone will be happy. Be open to being happiness, and make yourself a priority.
3. Take care of yourself physically. Do whatever you need to do to make your body/health a priority. Be proactive about your health.
4. Take the time to connect with people who will pull you into the light. Don't be afraid of people who make you step outside of your comfort zone.
5. Just step out. Take a chance on yourself, and do the things that you never thought you could do. Don't let the end of 2017 look like the end of 2016.
We've got this! This is just the beginning of our journey, it's not about perfection. It's about living our best life. Let's thrive in the sun together. I can't wait to hear about how you're doing. Until we meet again!
Hi everyone! I hope your week has been amazing. It’s time to talk about the one thing that I struggle with, and I think a lot of people struggle with too. It’s time to talk about my journey, and how I took the leap to be transparent at all places, Blogalicious 8.
Be Blogalicious is a multicultural influencer organization that strives to create a place of inclusion, connection and collaboration. They have so many resources & the community is so inspiring. So, when I had a chance to attend their annual conference I knew I had to do it. With this being my “Year of Yes” too, I also took the chance and signed up to volunteer. I’m lo-key shy, so this was a big leap for me. But, the leap paid off, and I was selected for the “Social Squad”.